Sunday, May 17, 2020

Too_Poetic-Droppin_Signal_(Unreleased_Album)-1989-WSS_INT

























_
01. Droppin' Signal
02. Out The Pocket
03. The Speech Keeps Flowin'
04. I Will Remember You
05. Poetry In The Midst Of Chaos
06. Do For Self
07. God Made Me Funky Remix
08. The Melt Down
09. Soul Survivor
10. I Ain't The One
11. Motivation
12. Away We Go
13. Ruff Son Of A Gun
14. The Rhyme Is Critical
_


REUP: Album completed in 1989 for Tommy Boy records that was shelved for unknown reasons. poetic's DJ, DJ Kaos released or leaked the album in MP3 format in 2010.

Great interview with DJ Freddie ôKaosö Cox, former DJ for Too Poetic. Kaos was also kind enough to share the shelved Tommy Boy record DroppinÆ Signal from 1989.

That was the trick with us. I did both. If you ever saw one  of our shows, it was like how the Disco Twins used to do routines and get on each others shoulders and all kind of tricks. ThatÆs what me and Woody did. WeÆd rip it up at shows, doing routines. I had a thing where I was deejaying   and rhyming at the same time, like somebody that plays the piano and sings. A lot of people out here knew me for that. A  lot of DJs canÆt catch these breaks fast enough. I would do the deejaying and rhyming at the same time, and then get out there with Poetic and do routines. We were called the  Devastating Duo, just me and Poetic rhyming and Woody was the DJ. But I was like, ôWoody, you aint deejaying right so IÆm gonna be the DJ.ö And then, ôPoetic, you ainÆt emceeing right so IÆm gonna be the MC, too.ö ThatÆs why we were Too Poetic. There was two DJs, and Poetic.   




DOWNLOAD


-

No comments :